How to Remove Classloader Exploit and Other Internet Explorer Trojans?
The Classloader files are part of the Internet
Explorer homepage hijacker trojans that infect IE through malicous web
page using Java classloader ByteVerify exploit or other
vulnerability in Internet Explorer.
The easiest way to be safe from these trojans is
to make sure that your Internet Explorer is up-to-date. Even with
an updated IE the trojans are sometimes downloaded but they cannot activate themselves.
The easiest way to get rid of these trojans is
to do as follows:
Update your Internet Explorer by using Windows
update to prevent any further infections
- Open http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
- Select all available updates.
- Windows update installs updates and reboots.
- Return to the Windows updates to make sure
you have all updated.
Clear the Internet Explorer temporary file cache
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- Select the General tab (this should be visible
- Click the Delete Files button in the Temporary Internet files pane.
- Select the Delete all offline content checkbox.
- Click OK.
Scan your computer with F-Secure Anti-Virus to
remove any other downloaded components
More details can be found from http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/classloader.shtml.